Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How to get bad smell out of doll?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Marly's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I apologize if this has been discussed before but am rather new to this board and had no need for the info until now. I am possibly getting a Lindsey. She is in excellent unplayed with condition and has just been displayed. However, their house has very, very bad odors and I know they will have consumed Lindsey as they have other dolls which I had stored there. I am wondering if there is a way to get the smells out of even the vinyl? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ~Christine

  2. #2
    Inactive Member erick0808's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2004
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember seeing another post about someone using freebreeze (sp?) to get out smells. Worst case you can take off the head and put the body in a pillow case and put it in the wash machine on gentle and let air dry. Make sure you tighten up the neck string so the stuffing does not come out.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can see the instructions and photos for doing this in my "Restoration" album (see my signature).
    Joy

  4. #4
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Something about removing doll heads DISTURBS me...not that I'm afraid I wouldnt' be able to get the thing reassembled, but...I mean, it's a HEAD.

    Those pics in the album where the Lindsey had her head removed so her body could be washed gave me chills.

    I think actually doing it would give me nightmares!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 21, 2005 11:41 PM: Message edited by: mollymom ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •